Step 1: Pay Fee & Reserve NSO Session
New Student Orientation reservations will open on Tuesday, November 7 at 1 p.m. EST.
Now that you’ve been admitted, it’s time to start your Pre-Orientation Checklist. Up first: Paying your New Student Orientation Fee and reserving your NSO session date!
New Student Orientation Fees
UNC Charlotte works hard to keep our orientation fees as one of the lowest in the state of North Carolina. All fees cover program meals, materials, necessary program staffing and technology expenses. Fees are paid via your Future 49er Portal.
First-Year Student Fee: $95
Paying your NSO student fee is required prior to selecting your session date.
Parent/Family Member Fee: $75
Guest fees will be paid at the completion of your reservation.
How to Pay Your NSO Fee
- Submit Your Intent to Enroll: Make sure UNC Charlotte knows that you are planning to attend by submitting your Intent to Enroll form in your Future 49er Portal.
- Pay Your NSO Fee: Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 7 at 1 p.m. EST, you will have access to pay your NSO student fee. The fee is automatically applied to your account following your Intent to Enroll submission and will be paid directly through the portal.
- Please refer to the Policies section below for information regarding Refund Requests.
How to Reserve Your NSO Date
- Select Your Date and Complete the Reservation Form: After you pay your NSO student fee, you will see available dates for New Student Orientation in your Future 49er Portal starting Tuesday, Nov. 7 at 1 p.m. EST. Select an available date, complete the required information and submit the form to finalize.
- Check Your Charlotte Email: You will receive confirmation of your NSO reservation and important information about the New Student Modules, advising, registration and your session to your Charlotte email.
- If you have not completed it yet, set up your NinerNET account in order to access your email.
New Student Orientation dates are available in January. Students must reserve their session prior to attending.
Space in each session is limited, and students and families are not guaranteed seats on a particular date. The NSO reservation system only allows students to reserve sessions with remaining available seats. Students will have access to reserve NSO session dates beginning Tuesday, Nov. 7 at 1 p.m. EST.
- You will not be able to complete your Pre-Orientation Checklist (including your New Student Modules and Virtual Advising and Registration) without a NSO reservation.
- Please refer to the Policies section below for information regarding Session Change Requests.
First-Year Session Dates
- Tuesday, January 9, 2024
All sessions will run from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students will see available dates in their Future 49er Portal. Dates that are full will not display for students.
Students with documented disabilities such as vision, hearing or mobility impairments, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or learning disabilities that may require test accommodations should contact Disability Services at least one (1) month in advance of attending NSO by calling 704-687-0040 V/TDD. Students must provide disability documentation to the University in order to determine eligibility for services and appropriate accommodations.
While there are no required tests that occur during NSO, test accommodations, such as low distraction environment, extended test time, computer assistance or enlarged print, must be requested one (1) week in advance and must be appropriate for the documented disability for those students who wish to take the Foreign Language Placement Exam at their NSO session.
Students who need sign language interpreters or materials in Braille should contact Disability Services at least one (1) month in advance of attending NSO. For more information, check the Disability Services website or contact the office via email or phone.