New Student Orientation reservations will open on Tuesday, April 11 at 10 a.m. EST.
Now that you’ve been admitted, it’s time to start your Pre-Orientation Checklist. Up first: Paying your New Student Orientation Fee and reserving your NSO session date!
New Student Orientation Fees
UNC Charlotte works hard to keep our orientation fees as one of the lowest in the state of North Carolina. All fees cover program meals, materials, necessary program staffing and technology expenses. Fees are paid via your Future 49er Portal.
First-Year Student Fee: $95
Paying your NSO student fee is required prior to selecting your session date.
Parent/Family Member Fee: $75
Guest fees will be paid at the completion of your reservation.
How to Pay Your NSO Fee
Submit Your Intent to Enroll: Make sure UNC Charlotte knows that you are planning to attend by submitting your Intent to Enroll form in your Future 49er Portal.
Pay Your NSO Fee: Beginning Tuesday, April 11 at 10 a.m. EST, you will have access to pay your NSO student fee. The fee is automatically applied to your account following your Intent to Enroll submission and will be paid directly through the portal.
Requests for refunds may be submitted in writing to email@example.com five (5) business days in advance of the session. Refunds will not be granted for any reason after the five (5) business day timeline has expired.
How to Reserve Your NSO Date
- Select Your Date and Complete the Reservation Form: After you pay your NSO student fee, you will see available dates for New Student Orientation in your Future 49er Portal starting Tuesday, April 11 at 10 a.m. EST. Select an available date, complete the required information and submit the form to finalize.
- Submit Payment for Family Members, Guests or Overnight Accommodations: If you added any family members or guests as well as overnight accommodations, you will see those fees added to your Future 49er Portal. Submit payment for those additions directly through the portal.
- Check Your Charlotte Email: You will receive confirmation of your NSO reservation and important information about the New Student Modules, advising, registration and your session to your Charlotte email.
- If you have not completed it yet, set up your NinerNET account in order to access your email.
New Student Orientation dates are available throughout June, July and August. Students must reserve their session prior to attending.
Space in each session is limited, and students and families are not guaranteed seats on a particular date. The NSO reservation system only allows students to reserve sessions with remaining available seats. Students will have access to reserve NSO session dates beginning Tuesday, April 11 at 10 a.m. EST.
Note: You will not be able to complete your Pre-Orientation Checklist (including your New Student Modules and Virtual Advising and Registration) without a NSO reservation.
First-Year Session Dates
All sessions will run from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 15
- Wednesday, June 21
- Thursday, June 22
- Tuesday, June 27
- Wednesday, June 28
- Thursday, June 29
- Tuesday, July 11
- Wednesday, July 12
- Thursday, July 13
- Wednesday, July 19
- Thursday, July 20
- Monday, August 14
Students with documented disabilities such as vision, hearing or mobility impairments, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or learning disabilities that may require test accommodations should contact Disability Services at least one (1) month in advance of attending NSO by calling 704-687-0040 V/TDD. Students must provide disability documentation to the University in order to determine eligibility for services and appropriate accommodations.
While there are no required tests that occur during NSO, test accommodations, such as low distraction environment, extended test time, computer assistance or enlarged print, must be requested one (1) week in advance and must be appropriate for the documented disability for those students who wish to take the Foreign Language Placement Exam at their NSO session.
Students who need sign language interpreters or materials in Braille should contact Disability Services at least one (1) month in advance of attending NSO. For more information, check the Disability Services website or contact the office via email or phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few reasons that you may have a hold on your account.
- New Student Orientation Hold: This hold will be released within 24 hours of the completion of your New Student Modules.
- Advising Hold: After completing your New Student Modules, you must complete virtual advising with your academic college to lift the Advising Hold. More information will be available in your modules.
- Undergraduate Admissions (UA) Hold: If you have this hold, you may need to submit additional documentation required by the University. Questions about UA holds can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.